How We Achieve It
At KNCC, project safety is a practical matter as well as a core value. We have structured our operations to continually focus on safety. We work hard at staying current with the latest industry standards and OSHA regulations, at training our supervisory and trade personnel, and at implementing safety policies consistently across all of our projects. Part of this process is shown in the following:
- KNCC has a full time safety director, who coordinates our safety program.
- We have an ongoing training program with our superintendents to keep them focused on site safety.
- KNCC has an employee safety committee that meets regularly to review safety policies and practices, and then communicate its findings to our field personnel.
- We regularly conduct random drug tests on employees, and test all new personnel prior to beginning work.
- We develop site-specific safety plans, often in consultation with Oregon OSHA officials.
- We enforce project safety standards with our subcontractors.
All this, and more contribute to our commitment to maintaining a safe workplace.