The Construction Scheduler will complete both routine and non-routine activities to assist project superintendents and project teams in preparation and management of project schedules. This position will be responsible for visiting job sites to review job status, drafting, updating, and reviewing project schedules in support of project teams as well as helping to develop and deliver training.
Dedicated to The KNCC Experience; we bring our “A” game by rising to the challenge and doing the right thing. We are capable, caring, inspired and humble and focus on building a strong, vibrant future for every community we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares, builds and regularly updates project schedules collaboratively with the project team
- Performs schedule reviews to ensure effective and efficient best practices for scheduling are utilized. Diplomatically communicates review comments to the project team
- Participates in all phases of the construction planning & scheduling process, including the creation of proposal schedules, baseline schedule and ongoing schedule updates
- Assists with and performs training for KNCC operations. Assists with training content and course preparation for training delivered by the group
- Assists with the development of best practices for KNCC planning and scheduling efforts
- Visits job sites regularly to review job status and applies construction sequencing knowledge to accurately update the project schedule for assigned projects
- May attend project related meetings and/or jobsite-specific meetings where emphasis on schedule is discussed
- Supports Lean and Pull Planning sessions by ensuring CPM schedule is aligned with pull plan results.
- Supports the preparation of scheduling reports as required for assigned projects
- Adds resource loading and cost loading, when required, to schedules collaboratively created with the project teams
- Provides planning and scheduling support to operations, marketing and other functions as directed.
- Understands that market and regional information are a part of project schedules such as: seasonal weather patterns, materials markets, labor forces and other factors that may impact each project schedule
- Participates in pursuit opportunities with business development and the project team
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field preferred; equivalent relevant experience will be considered
- Minimum of 2-4 years scheduling experience required
- Minimum of 5-8 years scheduling experience preferred
- Ability to perform work accurately, completely, and in a timely manner
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Ability to read and understand plans, drawings and specifications
- Ability to recognize during job site visits, where there are schedule sequencing areas of concern and where sequencing improvements can occur
- Knowledge of schedule logic and sequence
- Knowledge of means and methods of construction management
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and Primavera P6 scheduling software
- Knowledge of Lean process and philosophy
- Ability to import schedules into standard scheduling software
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with team members
- Ability to effectively collaborate as a team, both internally and externally
- Current drivers license and insurance driving record
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
To apply, you can either upload a resume or fill out the job application. You do not need to do both. Please select one of the options below.