Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the project team including Project Superintendents, Project Engineers, Project Assistants, Foreman, and Field Staff, as well as other office departments, to deliver successful projects on time and on budget with the highest level of quality.
- Assist with bid package development and advertisement.
- Assist with estimating and management of pre‐construction and construction services.
- Develop guaranteed maximum price documentation and exhibits in compliance with owner contract as applicable.
- Coordinate project start up with Superintendent and develop and maintain site logistic plan.
- Create project budgets and manage the project financials including projections for labor, materials, equipment, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Manage assigned projects for risks to budget, schedule, quality and overall success.
- Conduct constructability review, value engineering efforts, life‐cycle cost/benefit analysis and site investigations.
- Understand, review and manage project plans, owner contracts, notice requirements, specified time lines, and specifications to manufacturer’s data.
- Work with project team to track productivity, forecast labor needs, RFI, submittal and procurement processes.
- Provide forecasts and regular project specific reports to the accounting department and executive team.
- Manage relationships with clients, designers, consultants and subcontractors.
- Generate and track owner billings monthly or as required per the contract.
- Produce and negotiate subcontractor and supplier agreements defining scope requirements and perform buyouts.
- Review, manage, and approve subcontractor billings and payment, including lien waivers and insurance.
- Understand workings of public projects including public contracting law, prevailing wage reporting, public bonds and certified payroll reporting.
- Create and maintain subcontract change order log to keep current on financial risk and exposure to assigned project.
- Manage submittals for duration of project to ensure all material and equipment being installed are compliant with contract language.
- Compose and assist project teams with RFI’s to ensure field labor and subcontractors have proper information to continue with construction while helping to avoid scheduling impacts.
- Manage project changes to ensure logs are up‐to‐date and owners are notified of cost and schedule impacts in a timely manner.
- Negotiate change order pricing with owner and subcontractors and ensure subcontract change orders are issued in a timely manner.
- Conduct and/or participate in weekly Owner, Architect, and Contractor (OAC) meetings.
- Participate in the review and negotiation of owner agreements and assist with permitting.
- Work with Project Superintendent to develop and update project master schedule.
- Understand construction law, current codes, general building processes and best practices.
- Understanding the different delivery methods including lump sum, CM/GC and design/build and the difference in project management and financial management processes for each.
- Work with entire project team to ensure safety program and quality control program policies and procedures are followed and reviewed for overall compliance as needed.
- Obtain timely receipt of substantial and final completion notices for the assigned projects in compliance with the contract.
- Manage closeout process by providing complete turn‐over package as required by contract documents including O&M manuals, warranties, as‐builts and record drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management or similar field and 5-10 years of management experience and project management experience strongly preferred
- Proven successful leadership or supervisory role
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office Suite, Project and Bluebeam.
- Solid organization, written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficient in time management, the ability to multi-task and adhere to/meet deadlines along with a strong attention to detail
- Proven presentation abilities, including the utilization of Power Point or Prezi.
- Experience with financial and construction project management software such as Sage 300 CRE and/or Procore.
- Must have a strong customer-oriented approach (for internal/external customers), demonstrated professional demeanor
- Current driver’s license and insurable driving record
To apply, you can either upload a resume or fill out the job application. You do not need to do both. Select one of the options below.